Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nooooooooooo

I haven't even got copies of People Will Talk yet, and I've found a mistake.


In the last chapter, I talk about reputation on the large scale, between groups and countries. This involves a mention of work by Michael Tomz, an economist at Stanford, on the role of reputation in sovereign debt. Tomz's 2007 book Reputation and International Cooperation looks at several centuries of data from the bond markets, and shows how a country's past behaviour influences how the markets treat it.


All very interesting and relevant stuff. The problem is, I call Tomz 'David' in the text (the reference is correct). Bloody bloody bloody hell. A lesson in the power of embarrassment, something also discussed in the book.


My apologies to Professor Tomz.

1 comment:

Mario Paolucci said...

Hello John,

you have a "Reputaion" without a "t" in the blog just behind your book.

Cheers

Mario