Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Woo hoo!

In news of marginal interest: I submitted my PhD thesis just over ten years ago. But thanks to the diligence of others, data from it continue to leak out.

Most recently, BMC Evolutionary Biologist has just accepted Ecological correlates of sociality in Pemphigus aphids, with a partial phylogeny of the genus. I did the phylogeny ('partial' being the operative word). Thanks to Nathan for getting these data into the public realm.

At my count, that makes three peer-reviewed publications with my name on. For any completists out there, the other two are:

Behavior and morphology of monomorphic soldiers from the aphid genus Pseudoregma (Cerataphidini, Hormaphididae): implications for the evolution of morphological castes in social aphids Insectes Sociaux 44, 379-392 (1997).

Clonal mixing in the soldier-producing aphid Pemphigus spyrothecae (Hemiptera: Aphididae) Molecular Ecology 11, 1525–1531 (2002).

Snappy titles, I think you'll agree.

No comments: